Intention: Use our Drawing Salve to help with splinter removal, relieve the itch of insect or spider bites, reduce acne, skin rashes, and boils.
Our salve is NOT like the dangerous "black salves" that contain corrosive ingredients and have sometimes seriously damaged skin. Nor does it include ichthymol, which was effective, but very stinky! We have also chosen to not add Bloodroot to our salves, due to its generalized apoptosis-effects (may kill healthy along with cancer cells).
Raindrop Remedies' Drawing Salve is safe and gentle, using a combination of gentle herbs, oils, clays and waxes to gently draw out skin irritants.
Drawing Salve is also included in our First Aid Kit. Get your refills here!
Ingredients: Olive Oil, Castor Oil, Activated Charcoal, Green & Bentonite Clays, Beeswax, Plantain, Mullein, Basil, Vitamin E Oil, and our essential oil blend (Lavender, Tea Tree, Frankincense, Cardamon, Basil).
Why We Chose These Ingredients:
- Olive Oil - anti-oxidants, moisturizing, good shelf-life
- Castor Oil - ability to draw impurities out of skin, provides moisture, antibacterial
- Activated Charcoal - raws out impurities and detoxes skin
- Green Clay - helps disinfect wound and remove impurities
- Bentonite Clay - draws out impurities and detoxes skin, works well with activated charcoal as well
- Beeswax - healing to skin and helps to solidify the salve
- Plantain - herb that helps to draw out toxins, cooling, purifies the skin
- Mullein - antibacterial, antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory
- Basil - antibacterial, antioxidants, anti-inflammatory
- Vitamin E oil - fat-soluble vitamin, antioxidants (protect from free radicals), helps create barrier to keep skin moisture in while healing it
- Lavender Essential Oil - antimicrobial, analgesic (pain)
- Tea Tree Essential Oil - cleansing, antimicrobial, antiseptic, anti fungal
- Frankincense Essential Oil - healing and cleansing to wounds,
- Cardamom Essential Oil - antiseptic, astringent, nourishing and soothing
Use: Always clean skin before adding any salve to it: you do not want to seal dirt, debris, and microbes into a wound because it could lead to infection. After cleaning both skin and your hands, use a figure-tip amount of Drawing Salve on the affected area. Cover with a bandage: otherwise it could be messy and stain cloths from oils and charcoal. If using for a sliver, leave bandage on overnight to allow the salve to work. Remove bandage and rinse off. Repeat as needed.
Your Shopping History
Here's a quick view of products you've viewed so far during your shopping experience.