Intent: Get strong, healthy hair with our herbal shampoo bar! Our main focal points for this shampoo bar are Shavegrass and Alkanet, and of course our usual healthy hair oils and fats. Shavegrass (also known as Horsetail) is high in silica and minerals, and are essential elements in building collagen. Alkanet is helpful in maintaining a healthy scalp.
These chunky bars are about 2.5 to 3.0 oz. If kept dry between washes, each bar could last for many months.
Ingredients: Olive Oil, Goat Milk, Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Tallow, Water, Shavegrass, Alkanet, Essential Oil Blend (lavender, rosemary, sage, lemongrass)
Why We Chose These Ingredients:
- Olive Oil - anti-oxidants, oleic acids and polyphenols (antioxidant), moisturizing & creamy lather
- Coconut Oil - cleansing, high in vitamin C, high in lauric acid and antimicrobial
- Castor Oil - high in ricinoleic acid; boosts bubbles
- Tallow - traditional fat used in soap making that is rendered from healthy pasture-raised cows from rural WNY; vitamins; hydrates and softens; helps with dry scalp and hair
- Shavegrass - high silica content helps rebuild hair and scalp
- Alkanet - protects hair cuticle, increases hair strength and helps with hair fall
- Sodium Hydroxide (Lye) - a caustic/alkaline reagent that, when mixed with fats and water, will react (saponify) to create soap. Once cured, a properly made bar of soap will have no lye left in it when finished: it has been converted into soap.
- Lavender Essential Oil - may speed hair growth by improving scalp health
- Rosemary Essential Oil - helps with hair strength and slowing gray hair
- Sage Essential Oil - stimulates healthy roots and scalp health, helps with gray hair
- Lemongrass Essential Oil - scalp health and dandruff
Use: Wet hair and soap. Gently rub scalp with soap in one hand, and work up the lather with the other hand. If you have a lot of product build-up, it may take a minute to work up a good lather. Put soap down and massage your scalp and work up lather. When done, rinse hair thoroughly. Remember not to twist hair to remove water. Follow with an herbal rinse or conditioner.
Oatmeal Milk and Honey Soap
Your Shopping History
Here's a quick view of products you've viewed so far during your shopping experience.