Intention: Dharma's Upper GI Blend was created for someone very dear to me. When taken regularly, we find that this herbal tea blend (tisane) is helpful with reducing irritation and pains due to inflammation or excess mucous in the upper gastrointestinal tract. *
Ingredients: Licorice Root, Chamomile, Marshmallow Root, Holy Basil, Plantain Leaf, and Self Heal
Why We Chose These Ingredients*:
- Licorice Root - mucosal anti-inflammatory, adaptogen (increases resistance to stress), antitussive (reduces coughing), demulcent (rich in mucilage, sooth irritated tissue)
- Chamomile -gastric anti-inflammatory, nervine, antispasmodic, digestive tonic
- Marshmallow Root - demulcent, emollient (soothes and softens tissue), anti-inflammatory (reduces inflammatory response of tissues, soothes), nutritive
- Holy Basil - very tasty, adaptogen, immune amphoteric (reduces excessive immune responses), carminative, antibacterial, antiviral
- Plantain Leaf - antiseptic, decongestant, demulcent, astringent, good drawing out sticky phlegm
- Self Heal - astringent (tone mucus membranes and dry up excess), styptic (strong astringent for stopping bleeding), tonic (strengthens and revitalizes), demulcent
Use: Mix contents of bag to ensure contents have not settled. Using a reusable tea bag or a strainer in a cup, add about two teaspoons of our herbal blend with eight ounces of hot (not boiling) water. Infuse for about 3-5 minutes, and then strain out the herbs.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your health care practitioner for questions and concerns regarding your personal health identity.
Your Shopping History
Here's a quick view of products you've viewed so far during your shopping experience.