Intention: A gentle and moisturizing face and body soap that feels perfect for dry and/or sensitive skin. The lather is quite luscious too!
Approximately 3.75 oz bars
Ingredients: Rice Bran Oil, Coconut Oil, Distilled Water, Tallow, Lye (Sodium Hydroxide), Sunflower Oil, Castor Oil, Ground Oats, Dandelion Flowers, Vitamin E Oil, Orange Essential Oil
Why We Chose These Ingredients:
- Rice Bran Oil - antioxidants; emollient; improves skin moisture
- Coconut Oil - cleansing, high in vitamin C, high in lauric acid and antimicrobial
- Water - used in the soap making process with lye
- Sodium Hydroxide (Lye) - a caustic/alkaline reagent that, when mixed with fats and water, will react (saponify) to create soap. Once cured, a properly made bar of soap will have no lye left in it when finished: it has been converted into soap.
- Tallow - traditional fat used in soap making that is rendered from healthy pasture-raised cows from rural WNY; high oleic, palmitic and stearic acids; is very similar to our skin sebum/fat
- Oats - soothes dry, irritated skin; gentle exfoliator
- Dandelion Flowers - detoxing and clarifying for skin; many minerals and vitamins; reportedly good for treatment of acne (antibacterial), dark spots (high Vitamin C), and wrinkles (stimulates collagen and elastin production). Hey, it's worth a shot, right?
- Sunflower Oil - rich in fatty acids and vitamin E, conditioning
- Castor Oil - ability to draw impurities out of skin, provides moisture, antibacterial
- Vitamin E Oil - nourishing and healing
- Sweet Orange Essential Oil - just a little because it smells so nice
Use: Use as a full body soap; great for all skin types and/or sensitive skin
Your Shopping History
Here's a quick view of products you've viewed so far during your shopping experience.