Intention: a luscious, creamy body soap that will soothe your dry itchy skin!
Ingredients: Olive Oil, Water, Coconut Oil, Tallow, Sodium Hydroxide, Rice Bran Oil, Cocoa Butter, Castor Oil, Chamomile, Chickweed
Why We Used These Ingredients:
- Olive Oil - antioxidants, oleic acids and polyphenols, moisturizing & creamy lather
- Coconut Oil - cleansing, high in vitamin C, high in lauric acid and antimicrobial
- Rice Bran Oil - antioxidants; emollient; improves skin moisture
- Tallow - traditional fat used in soap making that is rendered from healthy pasture-raised cows from rural WNY; high oleic, palmitic and stearic acids; is very similar to our skin sebum/fat
Sodium Hydroxide (Lye) - a caustic/alkaline reagent that, when mixed with fats and water, will react (saponify) to create soap. Once cured, a properly made bar of soap will have no lye left in it when finished: it has been converted into soap.
- Cocoa Butter - moisturizing creamy lather and adds hardness to soap
- Castor Oil - high in ricinoleic acid; boosts bubbles; healing and anti-inflammatory
- Chamomile - anti-inflammatory and healing
- Chickweed - healing and emollient (soothes and softens external tissues)
Use: Use as a full body soap; great for dry skin
Your Shopping History
Here's a quick view of products you've viewed so far during your shopping experience.