Intention: Defense = the action of defending from or resisting attack.
We all need a little help defending our bodies from invading germs! For this tincture, we explored Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). We looked into herbs known to support various tissues during infection, with the intent of a full body reinforcement, since you never can be sure where the invading army will bunker down...
When fighting off infection, we all need to:
Hydrate, with water, infusions, broths. If fever is present, hydrate even more and manage a healthy fever.
Keep our lymph system clear so that germs and toxins can be effectively cleared away
- Sleep and rest so that your body can focus on defense and repair.
- Support your body with nutrition, not sugar.
If caring for yourself or others with herbs, you should be familiar with warning signs of severe disease, and seek life-supporting conventional care when called for.
Ingredients: Vodka, Scuttelaria baicalensis (Chinese skullcap), Salvia militiorrhiza (Danshen or Red Sage), Isatis spp. (Ban Lan Gen), Houttuynia spp. (Yu Xing Cao), Polygonium cuspiladum (Japanese Knotweed), Pueraria spp. (Kudzu), Rhodiola rosea, Cinnamon
Why We Chose These Ingredients:
- Vodka - menstrum/solvent used to extract the medicinal compounds from the herbs, and is a good preservative
- Scuttelaria baicalensis (Chinese skullcap) - anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-oxidant activity. In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), it has been used to treat digestive and respiratory tract infections, and for its protective effects on the liver (hepatic).
- Salvia militiorrhiza (Danshen or Red Sage) - One of the most commonly used herbs in TCM, it is known for ability to promote blood flow, and has anti-oxidative, anti-inflammatory, endothelial and myocardial protective properties.
- Isatis spp. (Ban Lan Gen) - Used in TCM to treat upper respiratory tract infections, and has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and immune-stimulating properties
- Houttuynia spp. (Yu Xing Cao) - Known in TCM for as an anti-inflammatory of the respiratory tract, and its anti-tussive, antiviral, and detoxification activities.
- Polygonium cuspiladum (Japanese Knotweed) - has been found to reduce oxidative stress (antioxidant) and inflammation, is anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-viral, immunomodulatory, and has cardio-protective effects.
- Pueraria spp. (Kudzu) - Used in the treatment of fever, digestive disorders, diabetes and cardiovascular diseases. It has anticoagulant properties, and helps to protect and strengthen ACE2 receptors*.
- Rhodiola rosea - adaptogenic herb that stimulates blood flow, is used for stress, and mental or physical fatigue (restores qi), and helps to clear the lungs
- Cinnamon - warming digestive and circulatory stimulant, regulates blood sugar, aromatic, astringent, carminative
Use: Gently shake tincture bottle a few times before using. Ensuring that the dropper does not touch your mouth, apply half dropper of tincture to your tongue. Or add half dropper of tincture to water if you prefer. Take 1-3 times per day when symptoms occur. Store tincture bottle in a cool dark place. Good for 3-5 years.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your health care practitioner for questions and concerns regarding your personal health identity.
A few references for your information: can be found here.
Your Shopping History
Here's a quick view of products you've viewed so far during your shopping experience.