Intention: We love to garden, but gardening can be a bit rough on your skin if you’re not careful. Sun damage and scratches can make you feel not-so-petal-soft, right? Our Gardener’s Balm is moisturizing, healing, and offers some sun protection* too! With herbal infused oils, tallow, and zinc oxide, this balm offers long-lasting, silky protection for your skin. Great for face and body.
Ingredients and Why We Chose Them:
- Olive Oil - Vitamins A, D, K & E, moisturizing, anti-oxidant
- Rice Bran Oil - antioxidants; emollient; improves skin moisture
- Tallow - traditional fat that is rendered from healthy pasture-raised cows from rural WNY; high oleic, palmitic and stearic acids; is very similar to our skin sebum/fat
- Candelilla Wax - natural vegetable wax made from the leaves of Candelilla plant, and is a bit harder than beeswax. Soothes and softens skin.
- Calendula - very healing to skin, helps with dry skin and eczema
- Green Tea - antioxidants, polyphenols in green tea can damage bacterial membranes and fight against infection and acne
- Rose - antioxidants, vitamins A & C, moisturizing, anti-inflammatory
- Zinc Oxide - a mineral that sits on top of your skin as a physical barrier for sun protection. We use non-nano sized zinc oxide to keep it on top of skin, instead of penetrating the skin (considered better and safer). Also soothes skin irritations.
- Vitamin E Oil - fat-soluble vitamin, antioxidants, helps create barrier to keep skin moisture in, helps to preserve product by preventing oxidation (breakdown) of oils
- Arrow Root Powder - helps to thicken, add silky texture, and increase absorption
- Spirulina - vitamins & protein, anti-inflammatory, detoxing, improves elasticity
- Essential Oils - we chose rosemary, chamomile, and helichrysum for their healing properties and lovely scent
Use: After cleaning both skin and your hands, pour a small, palm-sized amount into hands, and massage on desired area. Repeat as needed.
* SPF, or Sun Protection Factor, is a measure of how well a sunscreen will protect skin from UVB rays (radiation that causes sunburn, damages skin, and can contribute to skin cancer). Please note that we have not clinically tested the SPF of our balm, therefore we cannot provide an SPF.
Your Shopping History
Here's a quick view of products you've viewed so far during your shopping experience.