Intention: Staying hydrated and drinking warm fluids like tea is comforting when congested. Herbs selected for our Chest Congestion herbal tea are intended to assist with thinning out excess mucus (wetter coughs). Congestion can turn into serious infections, so please be sure to check in with a health care professional if your congestion or symptoms worsen or persist.
Ingredients: Marshmallow Root, Ginger Root, Mullein Leaf, Echinacea Leaf, Licorice Root, Fenugreek, Thyme, Peppermint, and Horehound.
Why We Chose These Ingredients:
- Marshmallow Root - demulcent (soothes irritated tissues), emollient (softens), expectorant (loses and helps remove mucus), nutritive, anti-inflammatory
- Ginger Root - anti-emetic (relieves nausea), analgesic (helps with pain), digestive tonic
- Mullein Leaf - expectorant, demulcent, anti-spasmodic, antiseptic, anti-asmatic alterative (helps to restore bodily functions)
- Echinacea Leaf - reduces infection, stimulates immune system, alterative
- Licorice Root - demulcent, expectorant, stimulant for adrenals
- Fenugreek - decongestant, works well with thyme for decongestion
- Thyme - diaphoretic (cooling), tonic, antiseptic, anti-spasmodic
- Peppermint -anti-emetic, carminative, aromatic, digestive tonice
- Horehound - helps expel phlegm, hepatic (aid liver function), anti-tussive (reduces coughing)
Use: Mix contents of bag to ensure herbs have not settled. Using a reusable tea bag or a strainer in a cup, add about two teaspoons of our herbal blend with eight ounces of hot (not boiling) water. Infuse for about 3-5 minutes, and then strain out the herbs.
For best results, drink 1-2 cups per day when needed.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your health care practitioner for questions and concerns regarding your personal health identity.
Your Shopping History
Here's a quick view of products you've viewed so far during your shopping experience.