Intention: We love Autumn! Why not try another new soap, with delicious, sweet and tangy apple cider - Apple Cider Soap! This hot process soap is full of healthy fats and the juice of apples.
This soap lathers quite nicely, and is packaged in glassine bags, which are food safe and recyclable! Each bar is 3 oz or more.
Ingredients: Olive Oil, WNY Apple Cider, Coconut Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Sunflower Oil, Castor Oil, Alkanet Root, and Essential Oils (Clove, Sweet Orange, and Cinnamon Leaf).
Why We Chose These Ingredients:
- Olive Oil - anti-oxidants, oleic acids and polyphenols (antioxidant), moisturizing & creamy lather
- Coconut Oil - cleansing, high in vitamin C, high in lauric acid and antimicrobial
- Apple Cider from Western NY - local apples, alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) act as gentle exfoliant, brightens skin, and of course it reminds us of crisp autumn days!
- Sodium Hydroxide (Lye) - a caustic/alkaline reagent that, when mixed with fats and water, will react (saponify) to create soap. Once cooked and/or cured, a properly made bar of soap will have no lye left in it when finished: it has been converted into soap.
- Castor Oil - moisturizing, healing, increases lather, evens skin tone
- Sunflower Oil - rich in fatty acids and vitamin E, conditioning
- Alkanet Root - astringent, healing, antimicrobial, reduces inflammation, yields a purple-brown color to soap
- Essential Oils - chosen for their scent
Use: Face and body soap
Your Shopping History
Here's a quick view of products you've viewed so far during your shopping experience.