Intention: A gentle and moisturizing body soap that feels perfect for dry and/or sensitive skin.
Approximately 4 oz bars
Ingredients: Olive Oil, Buttermilk, Coconut Oil, Lard, Lye (Sodium Hydroxide), Mango Butter, distilled water, Oatmeal, Honey, salt
Why We Chose These Ingredients:
- Olive Oil - antioxidants, oleic acids and polyphenols, moisturizing & creamy lather
- Coconut Oil - cleansing, high in vitamin C, high in lauric acid and antimicrobial
- Buttermilk - protein and fats; lactic acid is ideal for evening out skin tones
- Mango Butter - repairs dry and damaged skin; creamy
Sodium Hydroxide (Lye) - a caustic/alkaline reagent that, when mixed with fats and water, will react (saponify) to create soap. Once cured, a properly made bar of soap will have no lye left in it when finished: it has been converted into soap.
- Lard - t raditional fat used in soap making that is rendered from pigs; high in Vitamin D; fat is very similar to our skin sebum/fat
- Oatmeal - soothes dry, irritated skin
- Honey - softens and moisturizes, increases lather
- Salt - increases hardness of the soap
Use: Use as a full body soap; great for all skin types and/or sensitive skin
Your Shopping History
Here's a quick view of products you've viewed so far during your shopping experience.